Friday, December 1, 2017

Some truth, as I see it (on religion)

Some people need religion in order to see and understand the inherent goodness of the universe, find purpose in their existence, and I'm okay with that.

I know that everything is connected and that there is a pattern by which all things flow.  In some respects I think that every major religion is fundamentally right at least a little.  It might be in large part a combination of different religions that is closer to the truth of it all.  Each viewing the universe from a slightly different perspective and portion of the answer, yet still grasping the overall message.

We all have pulled at the fabric of what it is that this is, and come back with some kind of conclusion. We can only interpret this feeling, thought, or knowledge through our own five senses and from the words of others.

Faith can be had by someone who isn't religious, in the knowledge that faith is nothing more than a knowledge that forevermore, whatever we do, everything will be fine as long as we are harmonious.  By harmonious I mean to say with one another and our environment.

Beware the man(or woman) who orders you to kill or harm another.  Beware the impulsive feeling to give into that thing that burns below or just behind your psyche.  For the ultimate power of, if you can call it evil, is moving towards non-existence.  The serpent eating its tail.  Anything that destabilizes the community at a fundamental level(killing, stealing, etc) is simply a path to destruction and non-existence.

Agnostics have it only partially right, I think.  They profess to say that due to it's empirical untestibility, we could never know for certain one way or the other the true origins of the universe and if it was the result of some greater power or not.  Though I agree when they say, the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence(in contrary to the Atheist).  Where I differ is that, some day, I believe we will reach a point(if we don't destroy ourselves first) where we gain enough clarity to see the intrinsic interconnectedness between all things.  Our minds, still in its fairly primitive state, from what I suppose, is really what is holding us back from understanding the true nature of everything.

So, I guess I have faith that one day, through the scientific method, we will be able to see the answers.

1 comment:

  1. i love this. as clergy of a non-mainstream faith, this echoes my own sentiments greatly. in my own blog, i talk a LOT about this. it's the central core, as a matter of fact. i would love to hear your thoughts on what i have to say. because for me, the scientific method is exactly how i balance my faith with the world around me. i peeked at your blog via your countersocial profile. i'm rowenna there, the science witch!

    ReplyDelete